Wednesday 22 October 2014

Movie Poster Survey Analysis






In my gender question, I established that the majority of the results were female. This may be due to a larger majority of the class being females (the people I sent my survey out to were my class). However, there were male responses (25%) which means that I will be able to reach both male and female with my coursework pieces.











My next question asked what age range the participants were. The majority of the participants (75%) responded that they were between the ages of 12 and 16, but I can presume that they were all 16 due to them being in the same class as me. This means that I can project my posters at that age range, which is helpful because I can target a small age range.












The next question asked the participants about what features catch their eye the most when looking at film posters. A popular answer among the results was the names of the actors. Due to this, I think that it would be a good idea to include the actors names on my film posters. Another common answer was the image, which means that I will have to create a striking visual image as the main attraction of the poster.












Another question that I asked was for the participants to rank some common elements of film posters based on how important that they are to the overall poster. The highest ranked element was the main image, followed by the title of the movie. From this, I have gathered that I will need to make these two elements of my image the most striking parts, as they will draw the most attention to them.












My next question was on how much they would pay for movie poster. I left this as an open question, because I knew that people would have a wide variety of different prices. Generally the sensible prices were between £5 and £10. For this reason, I will price my poster at a price like £7.99.















My final question asked whether the participants preferred landscape or portrait orientation for movie posters. The majority (67%) answered portrait, which indicates that I should take my photo in portrait orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment